Our Mission Statement:
“Empowering Women with adequate information, confidence and assertiveness to enable them to make a positive contribution and participate fully in society”.
Bangladesh Women’s Association has been making a positive contribution in the community since we started our charity in 1971. Through our mission and objective purposes, taking our own initiative with various activities and projects.
We have built strong partnerships with statutory and voluntary organisations over the years.
Our organisation provides services to all women regardless of their ethnic origin.
We actively practice Equal Opportunities policy so we can serve the community efficiently.
As a voluntary organisation our main source of income is funding.
BWA provides education and training support. We have been able to create opportunities for families bringing them free resources, including child care.
– Employment Support
– Education and Training
– Target Support Project
– Nursery and Crèche
– 50+ Women’s Group
– Gardening Project
– Heritage Project “East Meets West””
– Women and Youth Preventing Violent Extremism Awareness Project (PVE)
– Future Job Fund – Employment for Jobseekers
– Advice sessions
– Assessments for Employment and Training
– Goal Setting Sessions
– Written Action Plans
– One-To-One Advice Sessions
– Confidence Building Support
– Job Surgeries
– CV Preparation
– Application forms filling
– Interview techniques
– Job matching
– Access to weekly vacancies
– Contacts with agencies for job vacancies